Spring Lake Elementary School Ribbon Cutting
JL Modular (JLM) is proud to celebrate the ribbon cutting at the Spring Lake Elementary School in Woodland, CA. The new school for the Woodland Joint Unified School District was built by JL Modular in conjunction with HMC Architects and Otto Construction.
JLM was responsible for the construction of the modular buildings including the:
- • administration building
- • three kindergarten classrooms
- • eight classrooms with adjacent collaboration spaces and restrooms
- • a student center with library
JLM worked with HMC Architects to design and build the classroom buildings within one of JLM’s standard customizable classroom designs, which is preapproved by the California Division of the State Architect. This preapproval saved months in design and approval time.
Modular School Built for 21st Century Learning
Spring Lake Elementary is an elementary school within Woodland Joint Unified School District. The school will open grades TK-3 at the beginning of the 2018-19 school year and offer a unique STEAM and project-based learning program that builds 21st-century skills. Design features and unique architectural elements include:
- • Collaboration space between classrooms
- • Limited built-ins for flexible use of classroom space
- • Mobile furniture for adaptable spaces
- • Natural lighting from windows
- • Outdoor learning areas
- • Mixed-use student center